Lakes Wins ‘Transformational Teams’ Care Award
24th October 2023 | Posted in Awards
In a previous news post, we explained that the Lakes Care Centre is now benefiting from massive re-investment, following its reacquisition by its original owner Jack Meredith and an experienced management team. Improvement efforts are ongoing but they are already producing noticeable results.
On 13th October, for example, in recognition of the progress already made, The Lakes Centre was named the winner of the Transformational Teams category in the 2023 CRISTAL Care Awards. The event was jointly organised by Tameside Council and Greater Manchester Integrated Care, and took place at Dukinfield Town Hall.
At an estimated cost of around £1.5 million, the centre is undergoing important improvements to its premises, facilities and management structure.
The New Team
The new management team comprises:
- Managing Director: Jack Meredith
- Finance Director: Lorna Meredith
- Operations Director: Colin Gallimore
- Compliance Consultant: Chris Sampson
As of September 2023, each of the centre’s suites also has a managerial lead and a clinical lead.
In a collective effort to raise the centre’s rating to ‘Outstanding’, the team is overseeing a range of improvements that include:
- Extensive bedroom refurbishments
- New flooring / carpets
- New call system
- New CCTV system
- Refurbishment of reception and corridors
- New staff/visitor registration system
- Improved broadband to enable app-based activity records
- Upgrades to computers & communications
- Appointment of a new management team and structure
More than £100,000 has already been committed to building refurbishments and a further £300,000 of work is in the pipeline.
We will post further updates as work progresses.