Registered General Nurse
£15 per hour (Days)
£16 per hour (Nights)
£18 per hour (Weekend Nights)
Responsible to: Registered Manager / Owner
Responsible for: Care Staff
Liaison with: Residents, family, visitors, external professionals, and ancillary staff.
Main Purpose of the job
- To ensure, promote and maintain a high standard of care for all service users.
- To be aware of service users needs both physically and emotionally and socially.
- To ensure prescribed drugs and treatments are given correctly and in accordance with the home’s policies and procedures regarding the administration of medication.
- Maintain correct custody and control of controlled drugs.
- To liaise appropriately with all visiting medical personnel, professionals and community organisations.
- To give and receive reports on the care of service users at each change of staff duty.
- To ensure all written records relating to the care of residents are accurate, up to date and completed legibly.
Main tasks of job
- To maintain learning protocols in line with the NMC guidance, that is appropriate for further development and will benefit service users.
- To assist and monitor progress of care staff undergoing NVQ training
- To monitor the skills of care staff within the work environment, and promote further training development that will assist them
- To attend regular training sessions that is relevant to the health and welfare of service users.
- To undertake training/further study in order to ensure professional competence is maintained.
- To undertake training/further study to ensure knowledge of on nursing and care issues is kept up to date.
- Help and create a good working environment
- Advise and encourage staff as appropriate
- To be fully conversant with their responsibilities regarding health and safety, both environmentally and working practice, as described in current health and safety legislation, and to ensure knowledge in this area is kept up to date.
- To be fully aware of their responsibilities to ensure staff under their control are working within the correct health and safety framework and safe working practices with particular regard to: Fire procedures, Infection control procedures, Moving and handling procedures
- Ensure that all aspects of confidentiality are maintained in accordance with current legislation and the policies and procedures of the home.
- To rotate between day and night duty as dependent on the needs of the home.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.